“Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it.”
CORD and CORDUSA's Achievements
• 2016 - Swami Tejomayananda, CORD USA Chairman and President received Padma Bhushan Award as a Spiritual Leaver by Government of India
• 2015 - CORDUSA is awarded the Top-Rated Non-Profit by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations for 4th year!
• 2014 - CORDUSA is awarded the Top-Rated Non-Profit by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations for 3rd year!
• 2014 - CORD received “Partnership Excellence Award on Imparting Quality Training” from NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development).
• 2014 - Narender Paul received ““Sudhir Johri Inspired Leader Award” by SOIL (School of Inspired Leadership).
• 2013 - CORDUSA is awarded the Top-Rated Non-Profit by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations for 2nd year!
• 2013 – CORD India received Sulakshana-Ram Janam Pandey Award 2013 conferred by the National Society for equal opportunities for the Handicapped (NASEOH), India.
• 2013 – Dr.Meera Krishna, Project Incharge of Branch-Siruvani honored by National Commission of Women for her outstanding work for women empowerment.
• 2012 - CORDUSA is awarded the Top-Rated Non-Profit by GreatNonprofits, the leading provider of user reviews about nonprofit organizations.
• 2012 - Dr. Kshama Metre, CORD National Director was given Guardian International Development Achievement Award.
• 2012 – CORD branch at Siruvani was awarded for Social Service by FICCI Ladies organization.
• 2012 – CORD at Lathikata was appointed by MORD to audit MGNREGS in its block.
• 2008 - CORD’s National Director, Dr. Kshama Metre received Padma Shree Award for Social Services from Honorable President of India
• 2006- The all India Women’s Education Fund Association (AIWEFA) presented CORD with “ Nina Sibal Memorial Award ” for its “Integrated Community Based Rehabilitation work for differently abled person”
• 2006- Received Best Facilitator Award for Promotion & Linkage of SHG in Sundergarh District from Women & Child Dev.Dept of Orissa.
• 2002- Recognition of Trust work in the field of Women’s Empowerment by the National Commission of Women, one of 10 recipients of the Nation.
• 2001-Felicitation by NABARD and Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir for SHG promotion in J&K.
• 2000 – Dr. Kshama Metre Honored with ‘Ojaswani Shikhar Sewa Alankaran’ Award for Excellence in Service by the Times Group
• 1999 – National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) identified CORD branch in Sidhbari as Resource Centre for 4 Northern States (Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh) till date.
• 1992 – Selected by Government of India to represent India in South Korea for Women’s Development and Family Planning as the NGO representative of India.